Using our proprietary pan-amyloid removal (PAR) technology, we are advancing a pipeline of novel therapeutics that remove toxic, disease-causing amyloid throughout the body with high specificity, and the potential to reverse disease pathology. We are pioneering first-in-class novel pan-amyloid therapies that bind to all types of amyloid, so that our therapies can be used for patients with all types of systemic amyloidosis and at all stages of disease.
There is a critical unmet need for disease modifying therapies that can remove amyloid across all stages and types of systemic amyloidosis. The existing approved drugs for amyloidosis do not address the toxic amyloid deposits that are present and accumulate in organs and are the cause of disease burden, progressive organ failure and increased mortality in patients.
With the aim to treat all types of patients with systemic amyloidosis and open the door to reversing disease, at Attralus we are advancing our pipeline of product candidates for pan-amyloid removal. We have designed our novel biologics to achieve pan-amyloid removal with superior amyloid binding and immune-mediated phagocytosis.
In support of our therapeutic strategy, we are also developing the world’s first amyloid-specific imaging agent which will improve the clinical journey for patients and dramatically expand the population of those who are diagnosed.
AT-03 is a fusion of our PAR-SAP with an IgG1 Fc. The PAR-SAP component mediates binding to all types of amyloid and the Fc stimulates the immune system to remove amyloid.
AT-02 is a fusion of our PAR-peptide with an IgG1 antibody. The proprietary peptide binds to all types of amyloid and delivers the antibody to the site of disease to stimulate the immune system to remove amyloid.
AT-04 is a fusion of our PAR-peptide with the Fc component of an IgG1 antibody. The PAR-Peptide mediates binding to all types of amyloid and the Fc stimulates the immune system to remove amyloid.
AT-01 utilizes our pan-amyloid technology combined with iodine-124 to create an amyloid-specific imaging radiotracer to diagnose and quantify systemic amyloidosis. The peptide radiotracer has been shown in clinical studies to detect many types of amyloid, including AL and ATTR, in major organs such as the heart, kidney, liver and spleen.
Attralus, Inc., (formerly Aurora Bio) is a VC funded privately held development stage biotechnology company focused on improving the lives of systemic amyloidosis patients, through the development of novel diagnostics and therapeutics. We are developing pan-amyloid targeting agents that facilitate diagnosis, and the development of novel immunotherapies designed to clear amyloid fibrils in patients with systemic amyloid diseases. We aim to improve the diagnosis and treatment of systemic amyloid diseases, such as light chain (AL), transthyretin (ATTR), and LECT2 amyloidosis, to increase patient survival and quality of life.
Attralus’ technology has broad applications and the potential to address up to 30 systemic amyloid based diseases. Attralus has a diagnostic imaging agent currently in a ph 1/2 trial, positioned to potentially be the first approved diagnostic specifically for amyloidosis. The company also has 2 novel therapeutic fusion proteins, directed at amyloid removal, that are in pre-clinical development
Headquartered in South San Francisco and founded in 2019, Attralus has recently completed a Series A funding with VenBio to carry forward its mission to improve the lives of systemic amyloidosis patients
The AD/Director, Program Management will be responsible for providing both strategic and hands-on program and project management expertise. Initially reporting directly to the CEO, the AD/Director will be responsible for creating the program plan and budget and providing daily coordination and tracking of critical activities, assuring all milestones and deliverables are met. The Director will be responsible for developing the program management processes and procedures for the company, determining appropriate software and other tools, structuring regular meetings and communication within the company and with external collaborators.
• Collaborate with the management team to provide project management leadership and execution activities within the company and between external partners and Attralus teams.
• Develop and execute integrated cross-functional project plans with established goals, milestones, timelines and budget, with a key focus on bringing pre-clinical therapeutic programs into early clinical development
• Conduct and direct day-to-day program activities to meet milestones; monitoring critical path activities to ensure delivery of program objectives.
• Drive planning for key drug development milestones.
• Maintain effective communication with the management team through oral and written correspondence and ensure adequate documentation of each communication.
• Always use/model/maintain/promote best practices in Program Management, including the use of agendas, minutes, dashboards, maintain document repository, establish and implement templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, communication, and effective planning.
• Create and maintain easily accessible, high level program documents in electronic format.
• Recommend, manage and train on necessary software and tools.
• Identify, develop and/or maintain an appropriate electronic platform (SharePoint, Shared Folders, etc.) for reporting/archiving/documentation of relevant program information, records, etc.
• Conduct risk management, contingency and scenario planning using appropriate program management tools.
• Identify program issues or resource gaps and facilitate resolution.
• Communicate program information and support development of program presentations to senior leadership, board members, investors and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
• Contribute to budgetary planning at the program level.
• Facilitate adherence to Aurora’s governance processes; work with key stakeholders to prepare for those interactions; lead/support as appropriate. Ensure implementation of governance decisions.
• Minimum of a BA/BS in a scientific disciplined is required, Advance degree preferred
• 7+ years of program management or equivalent experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology organization.
• Experience with research/pre-clinical and early clinical development project planning required. PM Certification is a plus.
• Rare disease experience a strong plus (not required).
• Desire and ability to work in a start-up, fast paced organization where you will wear many hats.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional organizational capability.
• Ability to drive program plans and timelines (across multiple functional areas) is essential. Proven success in goal setting, prioritization and time management is required.
• Understanding of FDA and/or EMA quality and regulatory processes. Prior experience with regulatory filings is desirable.
• Experience working with external partners is desirable.
• Ability to work independently in decision-making and resolution of program obstacles and conflicts.
• Familiarity with developing budgets and forecasting is desirable.
• Ability to function autonomously, with an appreciation of detail while being cognizant of “the big picture.”
• Have a patient-first mindset. All decisions made with patients in mind.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project is required.
Benefits/Equal Opportunity Employer
Attralus, Inc. offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time Off (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment.
Attralus, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.